Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, not literally. But leaving in the morning for an adventure of Europe. I think it's pretty significant that my last dinner stateside is Italian. Caprese salad and Pesto Pizza (from Trader Giotto). Even though I'm headed to Spain, it reminds me of my last European tour with the family post high school graduation. That time we missed our flight because my brother had forgotten his ID at home. We missed an entire day of the trip, so I'm hoping we don't have a repeat of that disaster.
Then again, just thinking on it makes it happen, right? According to all the New Age beliefs that you create reality by your thoughts and frequencies. But how exactly do you stop thinking something once it's in your head?! I've always found that impossible.
So with less than 8 hours until we leave for the airport, I'm busy downloading books on CD from the library onto my iPod instead of figuring out how to pack for three weeks in a carry-on sized bag.
And starting a blog.
I'm a master-procrastinator.
But I'm seriously hoping that my pathetic attempt to actually record thoughts and funny happenings from this trip will come to fruition/I will actually do this regularly. One can always hope.

Itinerary: Madrid, Granada, Valencia, Barcelona -> Montreux, Grindelwald -> Paris
Watch out world. We're on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment